杭州桑拿,杭州龙凤论坛,杭州夜生活网

Powered by Lybyyu!

STARS air ambulance resumes flying at noon Friday – Winnipeg

by admin on 29/06/2019

WINNIPEG – The STARS air ambulance service, grounded in Manitoba since early December, will resume flying at noon Friday, Health Minister Erin Selby says.

The resumption of service follows the completion of a critical incident review on a flight after a woman died on November 28, 2013.

“The patient passed away due to an underlying medical condition,” said Selby.

It had been suggested the patient died after she received insufficient oxygen during a STARS flight, but that wasn’t the case said Selby.

Story continues below

HangZhou Night Net

Related

  • No set date for return of air ambulance helicopter: health minister

The critical incident report does say STARS medical crews received inadequate training.

“They have received further training during the suspension of service,” said Selby. “And a clinical oversight panel will make sure patients are safe.”

But this training still isn’t enough according to a 24-page review by Dr. Stephen Wheeler.

“STARS Manitoba’s preparation of its air medical crews for helicopter flight operations in Manitoba is currently inadequate,” said Wheeler. “A complete re-evaluation of the training program should be performed and further training of current staff should occur.”

Selby said December 2, 2013 she grounded the Shock Trauma Air Rescue Society service over concerns about three critical incidents.

RELATED: Province grounds air ambulance chopper

Health officials suggested in the November 28 death, protocols put in place following earlier critical incidents weren’t followed.

In another incident, a two-year-old boy suffered severe brain damage after a breathing tube came loose during a flight in May, depriving him of oxygen.

The grounding of the service brought criticism from rural emergency responders who say the service is needed in their areas.

“Without STARS, it stresses everyone out to some degree knowing it’s not there,” said St. Anne Fire Chief Ken Dayment. “It’s a big relief to all emergency services when you know those people are there to back things up.”

But STARS CEO Andrea Robertson is optimistic for STAR’s future.

“We’re very, very confident that we’re going to provide very high quality patient care,” said Robertson.

While grounded, STARS would have been dispatched to 24 cases. Instead, patients had to rely on ground ambulances.

©2014Shaw Media

Winnipeg Jets giveaway leads to L.A. Kings victory – Winnipeg

by admin on 29/06/2019

WINNIPEG – Marian Gaborik didn’t get on the score sheet in his debut with the Los Angeles Kings, but he felt comfortable in a 3-1 victory Thursday over the Winnipeg Jets.

Gaborik was acquired in a trade with Columbus on Wednesday and skated on the top line with centre Anze Kopitar and right-winger Justin Williams.

“We created some things,” said Gaborik, who logged 16:38 of ice time. “We had some good time on the power play as well.

Story continues below

HangZhou Night Net

“We got some great help by our (defence) offensively as well so I think it’s going to get better and better.”

Mike Richards scored the game winner on a Winnipeg giveaway that helped run the Kings’ (36-22-6) winning streak to six games.

“I was just as excited as a lot of the people that were here that came in from (my hometown) of Kenora (Ont.),” Richards said of the 20-plus game tickets he had to find.

Captain Dustin Brown had Los Angeles’ first goal and Alec Martinez added a third-period power-play goal.

Goalie Jonathan Quick only needed to make 17 saves for his 20th win of the season.

Olli Jokinen notched his 15th goal of the season for Winnipeg (30-27-7) and a busy Ondrej Pavelec stopped 38 shots.

“They move the puck well, they can spend a lot of time in your zone,” Pavelec said. “We have to forget about this one and focus on the next one.”

Winnipeg and Phoenix were tied at 67 points heading into the game, one point behind Dallas for the final wild-card spot in the Western Conference. Vancouver was one back of the Jets and Coyotes.

Vancouver was visiting Dallas on Thursday night and Phoenix was hosting Montreal.

“I liked the speed of the game that we started the game with,” Jets head coach Paul Maurice said. “I thought we moved the puck sharp and we moved our feet. And then I thought we ran into the L.A. Kings.

“When they’re at their best, they will take your game and frustrate you to the point that you start to change what you’re trying to do because there’s nothing given easily.”

The biggest cheer in the scoreless first period was for Jets forward Dustin Byfuglien, after he sent Kings defenceman Jake Muzzin over the boards into the bottom of Winnipeg’s bench.

Los Angeles outshot the Jets 11-7 in the opening frame.

Winnipeg didn’t get its first shot of the second period until almost seven minutes in, but the Jets scored on their 11th of the game.

Evander Kane went around Kings defenceman Drew Doughty and then beat Muzzin to the puck off the boards behind the net, sending a quick pass to Jokinen who shot the puck past Quick at 12:03.

But the jubilation of the MTS Centre only lasted 42 seconds.

Brown scored his 12th goal of the season after centre Jarret Stoll sent a long backhand pass across the front of the net that hit Brown’s skate and the puck trickled across the goal-line past Pavelec at 12:45.

Then Jets defenceman Tobias Enstrom, at the boards by the Kings’ bench, made a pass across the ice that was supposed to be for Jokinen. Richards intercepted it halfway, crossed the blue-line and then fired a shot by Pavelec at 16:15 for his ninth of the season.

Los Angeles also outshot the Jets 10-6 in the second. The Kings are now 19-0-0 this season when leading after the second period.

With Jets forward Blake Wheeler in the penalty box for high-sticking, defenceman Martinez scored unassisted at 15:51 with a shot on Pavelec’s blocker side.

The Jets had to juggle all four lines from Tuesday’s 3-2 overtime loss to the New York Islanders because of injuries.

Winnipeg rookie centre Mark Scheifele sprained the medial collateral ligament in his right knee during the loss. The second-line centre is out for at least four weeks and possibly the rest of the regular season.

Forward Chris Thorburn was also injured in the game and is listed day-to-day with an upper-body injury.

Those deletions made Maurice put his top line of Andrew Ladd, centre Bryan Little and Wheeler back together.

Jokinen was centring the second line with Kane and Byfuglien. Michael Frolik, who’s only played a few games at centre during his six-year NHL career, was put in the middle with Matt Halischuk and Devin Setoguchi.

The fourth line was centred by Jim Slater with Eric Tangradi and Anthony Peluso.

Winnipeg hosts Ottawa on Saturday afternoon and the Kings play in Edmonton Sunday.

©2014The Canadian Press

Bay and Adelaide reopened after loose glass panel at Trump Tower – Toronto

by admin on 29/06/2019

Watch the video above: Bay and Adelaide reopened after loose glass panel at Trump Tower. Jackson Proskow reports. 

TORONTO – Toronto’s public works and infrastructure committee chair Denzil Minnan-Wong thinks more effort should be made to protect citizens from falling panes of glass and other material coming off of Toronto’s high-rises.

Story continues below

HangZhou Night Net

“We have to make sure proper inspections are done and the other thing that may need to be revisited, is the building code tight enough to protect both the people in the building and the people on the ground,” Minnan-Wong said.

The call to action comes a day after pedestrians noticed a large panel dangling from a room on the 52nd floor of the Trump Tower, forcing the closure of Bay and Adelaide streets Thursday night and into Friday afternoon.

“This is becoming far too frequent and far too common, it is a danger to the public and if this is going to happen more often, maybe the rules need to be tightened up municipally or provincially.”

The intersection reopened shortly before 2 p.m. Friday.

Ontario’s building code was amended in July 1, 2012 to include new glass installation guidelines for builders following numerous incidents of falling glass reported a year prior.

But, the amendment doesn’t impact buildings already under construction and only applies to new builds after 2012.

Aerial Footage: Hanging glass dangles from Trump Tower

The city’s role, according to chief building official Ann Borooah, is to verify all construction in the city complies with the Ontario Building Code.

“We respond to any unsafe conditions associated with the buildings,” she said. “Our role there is to make sure the buildings and the situation around them, the public space where it may affect safety, is remedied.”

The province says existing buildings are also not required to be retrofitted to the new requirements.

“In terms of retroactivity, I know that there will probably be a significant cost to everyone who has purchased a condo unit,” said Minnan-Wong.

“And it might not be a bad idea for individuals thinking of buying condo units to ask very careful questions about how safe their buildings are and about the windows that are going to form parts of their building.”

WATCH: Minnan-Wong calls for greater action to address falling glass in Toronto.

The Trump Tower isn’t the only building having problems with its glass of late.

A stretch of road in downtown Toronto at the Shangri-La Hotel needed to be closed off after glass fell from that structure last November.

This was the third such incident for the luxury hotel in 2013.

“I think we need to ask pretty sharp questions to builders about how they’re constructing these buildings and how they’re fastening windows to buildings,” said Minnan-Wong.

While it’s not known exactly what caused the piece of glass to become dislodged, Jeff Archbold, a professional engineer working in forensic engineering, said extreme fluctuations in weather can cause glass to loosen.

“Toronto will have more instances like this because again, we’ve got these extreme changes in temperatures,” he said. “You’re going to have more moderate temperatures in Vancouver or in Europe or in the southern states.”

TTC service was affected with the number six bus diverted around the affected area.

With files from Jackson Proskow

Friday, March 7, 2014 on The Morning Show – Toronto

by admin on 29/06/2019

SANDRA BERNHARD – American comedian Sandra Bernhard is guest host on the national edition of The Morning Show. Bernhard began her stand-up career in the late 1970s and was identified as number 97 on Comedy Central’s list of the 100 greatest standups of all time.

BIG BROTHER EVICTION – Big Brother Canada had its first eviction of the television series’ second season last night. We introduce you to who this person is and discuss the challenges faced by contestants in the Big Brother House.

Story continues below

HangZhou Night Net

IRONE SINGLETON – The American actor is one of many sci-fi stars to grace the carpet at Toronto’s Comi Con event this weekend. Singleton is best known for his strong role of Theodore “T-Dog” Douglas on the hit series “The Walking Dead” and for his portrayal of the nasty rival “Alton” in Sandra Bullock’s blockbuster “The Blind Side.” TORONTO SHOW ONLY

INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY – Plan Canada is hosting a Toronto exhibit featuring works by local painters, sculptors and artists to celebrate International Women’s Day and a new children’s book about Malala Yousafzai. TORONTO SHOW ONLY

EZONE – Liem Vu visits Toronto’s latest state of the art, multi-dimensional sports and entertainment complex catering to kids and adults of almost any age. The goal of the concept was to create a unique venue in which groups of people could get together to unwind, release some stress. TORONTO SHOW ONLY

THE NEXT STEP – Actor Trevor Tordjman is in-studio to talk about season 2 of the television show, “The Next Step.” The fictional show follows the lives of a group of elite dancers at The Next Step Dance Studio as they work to win the regional competition. The show premieres tonight on the Family Channel. TORONTO SHOW ONLY

AGAINST THE WILD – CJ Adams and Erin Pitt star as a brother and sister who test their survival skills when they get lost in the wilderness and are forced to trust their instincts to find their way home in the new movie, Against The Wild. TORONTO SHOW ONLY

CRIS CAB – The singer and songwriter shot to international fame came with “Liar, Liar” released on Island Def Jam Recods that has charted in Germany, France, Netherlands and Belgium. The release was accompanied with a music video with cameo appearances by Pharell Williams. TORONTO SHOW ONLY

BRIAN BYRNE – “I Mother Earth” frontman Brian Bryne discusses the release of a new single with all proceeds from the sales going to suicide prevention and awareness in Canada. Watch the video for “Arizona (I Miss You Most),” which features Canadians who have lost loved ones to suicide. TORONTO SHOW ONLY

©2014Shaw Media

Turkish PM threatens to ban Facebook, YouTube – National

by admin on 29/06/2019

ANKARA, Turkey – Turkey’s prime minister has threatened drastic steps to censor the Internet, including shutting down Facebook and YouTube, where audio recordings of his alleged conversations suggesting corruption have been leaked in the past weeks, dealing him a major blow ahead of this month’s local elections.

Story continues below

HangZhou Night Net

In a late-night interview Thursday, Recep Tayyip Erdogan told ATV station that his government is determined to stem the leaks he insists are being instigated by followers of an influential U.S.-based Muslim cleric. He has accused supporters of Fethullah Gulen of infiltrating police and the judiciary and of engaging in “espionage,” saying that the group even listened in on his encrypted telephone lines. The Gulen movement denies involvement.

“We are determined on the issue, regardless of what the world may say,” Erdogan said. “We won’t allow the people to be devoured by YouTube, Facebook or others. Whatever steps need to be taken we will take them without wavering.”

Asked if the steps could include shutting those sites down, Erdogan replied: “That included. Because these people or institutions are (using social media) for all kinds of immorality, all kinds of espionage and spying.”

Erdogan this week acknowledged some of the leaked recordings, including two where he is heard meddling in a court case against a media proprietor and in a tender for the construction of warships. He has rejected as “fabrication” five recordings purported to be of Erdogan instructing his son to dispose of large amounts of money on the day that prosecutors and police carried out raids on the homes of three former ministers’ sons as part of a corruption and bribery investigation.

Erdogan, claiming to be a victim of a Gulen-orchestrated plot, has taken a series of steps to stall the corruption investigation, including removing hundreds of police officers and prosecutors and expanding government controls over the judiciary and the Internet. The new Internet restrictions sparked violent protests in Istanbul.

©2014The Canadian Press